SHORT & LONG TERM MARKETING TACTICS
- Up your game on how you present to potential SELLERS to represent them and gain their listings!
- Design listing presentation
- Create physical binder to showcase your RE expertise/publicity power
- Develop a nice Brochure once a year showcasing what you do for buyers and sellers.
- Create email-able listing presentation version – PDF
- Create powerpoint/keynote for Slideshare.net
- Create your own brand – your own identity – Logo + tagline showcasing what makes you distinct from your competitors
- Logo development
- Business Card
- Buck slip – narrow card that can be included with 8.5×11 letter in no. 10 envelope!
- Postcards Design, Print and Mail – Just Listed, Just Sold
- Door Hangers – Door Knocking – Missed You postcards
- Drops and Free Market Evaluations, Magnets, Notepads
- Brochures & Flyers
- Blast Email
- Monthly blast email to your sphere of influence – prospective buyers/sellers
- Monthly blast email to other agents, brokers, escrow and title company reps to showcase your listings. You may not have “open houses” or caravans but you can drive people digitally!!
- Quarterly blast email to past clients – thanking them for collaboration, solicit for referrals and reviews
- Social Media
- Daily/weekly social interaction on social media – Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Slideshare – pick one that works for you!
- Instagram rocks – just a picture and a caption. Can have automatically go into your Facebook feed (with linking accounts – no additional work)
- Facebook fanpage – smart way to build a “list serve” of fans/supporters. Never know who shares!
- Facebook advertising by brokers to their communities targeting folks who Own, manage, run or work at a Restaurant. Money to play with may be a challenge except by those performing well.
- Searching Restaurant Owners groups on Facebook example – not as active anymore, but that’s 800+ people – https://www.facebook.com/Res
- Encourage everyone to get more active on Linkedin and start “friending / connecting” with restaurant owners throughout the area (if the owner of a popular restaurant isn’t there, the manager – it opens up introductions and raises awareness). I’ve used Linkedin for prospecting for years, since it launched, and has been a helpful business-to-business tool.
- If more brokers follow our lead by posting articles with meaningful topics, more people will organically find them locally as well.
- Linkedin Profile Development – repackage if not launch your identity on Linkedin. Add role at Restaurant Realty Company and you’ll benefit from our Linkedin marketing (will show up more in searches).
- Consider writing POST (article) on Linkedin about recent sales. See Steve’s – https://www.linkedin.com/in/restaurantrealty/detail/recent-activity/posts/
- Searching Restaurant Owners groups on Linkedin – and JOIN and interact with groups
- Direct mail
- Postcards or flyer that you can mail out to defined list of restaurants, bars & clubs. Steve says include in an envelope to ensure delivered discreetly to owner; could back fire as well.
- Consider Greeting card to send out 2-3x a year. Mail personalized card to select people wishing them a (1) Happy New Year (January); (2) Enjoy Summer (late Spring cleaning) and Happy Holidays (November). All of which include your business card and a “the highest compliment I can receive is a referral to your friends and family! Thank you for your business!” cheesy message!
- Bottom line, SEND something! Once a quarter. Twice a year. Once a year. You’ll achieve something by doing it. 2-5% return on investment guaranteed! For every 100 pieces mailed 2-5 leads.
- Drops / door knocking
- Develop business card or small postcard that acts like a flyer. Drop off at key locations.
- Ambassador program
- Create recruitment campaign where upon you give commission to folks who refer you listings. Build your ambassador program. Incentivize people to promote you by rewarding them for leads. $15 Starbucks gift card for every lead or $5-10 iTunes egiftcard for younger folks.
- Outreach to agents for commissions
- Explore website landing page (with Steve approval) showcasing and expanding your Real Estate experience on RRC’s corporate website
- Start creating a BUYERS mailing list. Mail out Postcards for latest listings to them and manage.
- Develop Free Market Evaluation with tear-off for restaurants that you drop by! Figure out the working hours of those restaurants you’re after and aim to show up BEFORE opening hours or near closing to try to get in front of OWNERS!
- Door Knocking
- Postcards are a great leave behind.
- Develop magnet and/or notepad that can be dropped off to key restaurants.
- Creating something useful that WILL NOT be thrown away is really key; that might be kept and hidden as reference near a phone!
- Creating a resource. Create a top CITY PHONE numbers roster or a CALENDAR of upcoming holidays for 2017-2018.
- Consider Provisors or other lead generation groups. As BUSINESS BROKERS we’ve got an edge over over abundance of realtors/lawyers. Must be distinguished on our business cards and postcards.
- Join CABB or other groups (while RRC is a member corporately, may be able to get discounted rate as AGENT/broker under company)
- Network with OTHER Commercial Brokers more heavily is also critical.
- What other local real estate / business broker conferences are taking place? What actual real estate groups should they be more locally invested in? For my LA friends, and if they are Jewish, getting involved in Moriah Society via American Jewish University is key, getting involved in the Jewish Federation Real Estate Group is key, etc. This is where mingling leads to referrals amongst our own.
- Target Accountants and Attorneys – establish relations with prominent top local folks who may have referral power
- Target Restaurants
- Via Google, research owners and managers of prominent restaurants in your area
- If you don’t know, call in and find out the name of the owner… usually waiters/front desk managers will give information after they ask “what is this regarding?” – my favorite answer “Can you let them know that Jeremy Broekman is on the phone?” (trick to get past gatekeepers).
Have a Marketing Plan
Meet with Jeremy 1-on-1!
- Hire Jeremy to collaborate and develop a localized marketing plan for your area/sphere
- Teach you how to do e-marketing yourself or use free online graphics program to improve your daily marketing
- Moderate your social media and beef up your lead generation program
- Give you discounted graphic design time and printing quotes using brokerage
- Develop dedicated mini-website showcasing you and linking to master website
- Door open to discuss!
RRC Repository / Resources
POSTCARD – Approach Abe! Great template!
Website images like we used on the website?
Have Adobe Illustrator file with all the images! Can provide via email link upon request! Email me!
Need Logo or Graphics? Let Jeremy know!
Exploring Opportunities - Feedback Welcome!
Advertising on Restaurant Owner Websites
- Advertise in and network with restaurant owners. Researching advertising! or just having folks participate for visibility/awareness.
- RestaurantOwner.com – https://www.restaurantowner.co
and their printed mag – Restaurant Growth Magazine -?
- Restaurant Den
- Restaurant Business Magazine
- Press kit – http://restaurantbusinessmed
- Modern Restaurant Management
- Inc.com and HuffPost – need to build up your article base so that I can get your articles picked up by more large news outlets. Strength in numbers! 🙂
Example – http://www.inc.com/ss/6-
- Reddit – Going to test out creating an account with Reddit and tackle millennial restaurant owners with tips and info. There are numerous “threads” of conversations there tagged to “Restaurateur” and deal with ownership and management. Reddit is today’s version of a FORUM / public discussion board. https://www.reddit.com/
Blogs – I’m researching several blogs right now and seeing where the fit is for us for potentially to advertise IF the ownership is there.
- Restaurant Hospitality
- Foodable Network
- Toast Tab
- Food Service – Restaurant Owners – Forum